Wednesday, October 1, 2008

We welcomed...

Well, everyone, the day has come. Our newest addition, "Dragonfly" arrvied on Wednesday, October 1st, at 8:10 am. In the days leading up to her delivery, Abbey received many comments and stares at her very large belly. People would ask her if she was having twins. Others would just gape in awe.

Well, it all makes sense now. Dragonfly was born weighing a whopping 11 lbs even and measures 21.5 inches. He's a big boy and almost already out of the newborn diapers. He's very happy and very hungry. Mom and Baby are both doing well.

Please leave comments and I'll be sure to pass them on to A. More news and pictures to come soon.

Have a wonderful day!
B (Abbey's husband)

10 comments:

Sarah said...

Congrats Abbey and B! How exciting, I can't wait to see pictures. I hope all is going well, take care.

Cheri said...

Okay - you win. Mine was only 10 lbs.

Praying that all is well and that you have this time to peacefully bond together as a new family of four!

tootie said...

Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you both.

And 11 lbs?? Abbey deserves plenty of massages, dinners, and other forms of kindness for surviving that!

Susan said...

Ouch! Congratulations Abbey and family. Cannot wait to see picture!!

*carrie* said...

Thrilled to read this news--congratulations to all of you!

Jacquie said...

Well congrats to you all! Dragonfly was a good size.

((Hugs)) Mom. ((Hugs)) to all.

Kathleen said...

Congrats Abbey and B! Wow, what a big boy! My son seemed so big at 9lbs 5 oz and 23 inches, but I can't imagine an 11 pounder. I'm glad to hear you are all doing well. I'll be thinking about you and sending you relaxing baby vibes.

Danielle said...

How wonderful Abbey!

I was away from the internet all week and couldn't wait to get back and hear your news!

Aren't babies just amazing!!??!

Enjoy your precious new gift:-)

Nicol said...

Congrats! That is super exciting that you have welcomed Dragonfly into the world. I am looking forward to the pictures and all the news!

bren j. said...

11 lbs. Abbey, I am IN AWE. And an October baby to boot!

Congratulations to you and your family.