Friday, September 12, 2008

A Girl After My Own Heart...

Love Bug not been allowed to watch TV until now, as many of you know. My pediatrician in France really encouraged us to avoid it, and besides creativity and learning skills, one of his reasons was actually that it would be a special treat one day, when we want to use it to allow us a break.

Well, everyone... that day has come.

Love Bug has started watching movies to give me some time to relax, because I really need it. My ankles are now "cankles" and my pants have gotten too tight, just in the waist, because my belly is so big. I need some major relaxation. We've been getting movies from Netflix and seeing what she likes. So far, her favorites are this and this... and I couldn't have picked them better myself. In fact, I'm not relaxing (as was my original goal) because I'm singing and dancing along with her.

And, in other news, I'm not taking a blog break- it's more of a "sporatic blog" exercise. It must be contagious because it seems that many people are either gone entirely or just not posting very often. It's hard with the baby coming and all I need to do to get ready. Plus, my hubby B, is arriving here in two weeks, and you can guarantee that I won't be around then at all. We have lots to catch up on, especially spending time just the three of us before Dragonfly joins our family. Keep checking back... I will be around... I just need some time to myself too. And no worries, B will post about Dragonfly once he arrives.

I know some people like reading blogs that post a lot, so forgive me. I will still comment often I'm sure- I have my Google Reader set up so well now, so I don't have to check my favorite blogs each day... just when they have a new post. I look forward to reading about how all of you are doing and can't wait to share our baby news in just a few weeks!

6 comments:

Susan said...

Abbey,

Enjoy this special time with just you and Love Bug. Cannot wait to see the pix!
Susan

Kathleen said...

I think it's fine to let her watch DVDs, especially since you're monitoring what she sees.

And don't worry about not posting. You deserve a break, and time with your "only child" for another few weeks. Enjoy your time together. I'll be thinking about you and hoping you're doing well and that your labor and delivery go smoothly.

Danielle said...

Yes, enjoy and relax! Can I ask one question (I need the book blogging for dummeies!)

What actually happens when you subscribe to a feed???? and what is Google reader???

Abbey said...

Danielle,
Go to www.google.com/reader and use your blogger ID and password. Once you get there you can add blogs that you read (just enter the address and it will add the titles, etc). You can manage them by putting them all in catergories. If you have any problems adding certain blogs, just check on their front page to see if they have a "subscribe" button so you can add them that way. I hope this helps!
Abbey :-)

*carrie* said...

Thinking of you, Abbey, and can't wait to hear the news. I love HSM, too! =)

Cheri said...

I'll hang around for your intermittent posts if you hang around for me to return to blogging...