So, I forgot to tell you all that I have a slight obsession with the Olympics. Such an obsession, in fact, that apparently I cannot blog. I really can't. I tried. I just start thinking about the Olympics every time I try to write a post about bilingualism. I CAN, however, comment on a few things so far in these Olympic games:
1. Opening ceremony was the coolest thing I've ever seen. And no, I don't care that some 7-year-old sang one of the songs, instead of the 9 year old that was on TV.
2. Love that our Men's 4 x 100 relay beat the French after their trash talking. I love that country, but boy can they be arrogant sometimes!
3. Syncronized diving is one of my favorite things to watch, but only for about 5 minutes. After that, it gets boring.
4. Love Bug apparently has Olympic fever too. She watched gymnastics with a blank stare I've never seen before. We never let her watch TV, and usually she's not interested, but wow... does she love some gymnastics.
5. Mich.ael Phe.lps is so impressive. I love that his Mom cries for every medal ceremony.
That's all I have this late at night. Any other observations?
In the meantime, I'll work on the bilingual post, but I can't promise anything!