Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Slight Olympic Obsession...

So, I forgot to tell you all that I have a slight obsession with the Olympics. Such an obsession, in fact, that apparently I cannot blog. I really can't. I tried. I just start thinking about the Olympics every time I try to write a post about bilingualism. I CAN, however, comment on a few things so far in these Olympic games:

1. Opening ceremony was the coolest thing I've ever seen. And no, I don't care that some 7-year-old sang one of the songs, instead of the 9 year old that was on TV.

2. Love that our Men's 4 x 100 relay beat the French after their trash talking. I love that country, but boy can they be arrogant sometimes!

3. Syncronized diving is one of my favorite things to watch, but only for about 5 minutes. After that, it gets boring.

4. Love Bug apparently has Olympic fever too. She watched gymnastics with a blank stare I've never seen before. We never let her watch TV, and usually she's not interested, but wow... does she love some gymnastics.

5. Mich.ael Phe.lps is so impressive. I love that his Mom cries for every medal ceremony.

That's all I have this late at night. Any other observations?

In the meantime, I'll work on the bilingual post, but I can't promise anything!

5 comments:

tootie said...

I'm hooked, too! Last night my husband and I stayed up almost 1.5 hours later than we normally do because we were glued to the TV!

Swimming is my favorite, but I enjoyed watching the women's gymnastics.

tootie said...

P.S Thanks for the explanation on the "top shelf" saying! I read it to my husband, and we both laughed about the "magazine" part :)

*carrie* said...

We've been watching a lot, too. Eric's dad who is visiting is a huge sports fan, so it's been fun to watch with him.

My favorite is definitely the gymnastics--Love Bug has good taste!

Susan said...

I have not been able to catch the Olympics, just a few events the Germans were in. No gymnastics or opening ceremonies:( Plus they air that stuff in the daytime in Germany. JR is way to active to sit and watch TV. Maybe I can catch that on You Tube?

Anyway, I got the package! Thank you so much! Chocolate, yum yum yum and enjoy reading the book. Very thought provoking. Again thank you!

Cheri said...

Just thougth I'd let you know I'm thinking of you!