Sunday, July 20, 2008

Blog Award









I got my first award and I'm so excited! Nicol gave it to me, which is such an honor, because her blog is one of my favorites to read! She has such an eye for decorating and organization, which are two of my favorite things. If I'm ever out her way, we'll have to have lunch! (I'm not expecting her to come to Italy any time soon...)

Once an award is received, the rules are as follows:

1. Put the logo on your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded you.
3. Nominate at least seven other blogs.
4. Add links to those blogs on your blog.
5. Leave a message for your nominee on their blogs.

I thought about this all week and I think I have it narrowed down to seven. So here are the winners:

Tootie from Tootie's Place is hilarious. From the "Scorpion Saga" to her almost being dog food, I stop by her blog whenever I need a laugh. She is finishing her Master's and training for a Marathon... so I like to live vicariously through those things too!

Carrie from with all that I've been given, is one of my favorite bloggers. I love reading about her personal retreats and all the great things she reads. And she and I have the same birthday, in the same year, which is just so much fun!

Cheri from Keeping Up With His Plans always inspires me with her faith. She lived in Italy, so she can sympathize with how much life can drive you crazy here!

Susan from The Brandenburg Diaries is another Mom who knows what it's like to raise her child in a foreign country, speaking two languages. I love hearing about her experiences in Germany.

CanCan at My Greening: Going Green also lives the overseas experience and inspires me to work even harder at being environmental. She has some great giveaways, with many green products and baby items, so stop by her place.

Katydid at Katydid and Kid shares great tips on crafts, green products, and many other cool things. I just started reading her blog and I think I'll be stopping back more and more.

Bren J. at stranger in a stranger land is another blog I've just started reading. She has great recipes and a lot of interesting posts. This is sure to become one of my favorites.

Many of these people are on vacation, so I'm not sure if I'll hear from many of them soon, but I still wanted to give out the award. Congratulations to everyone!

4 comments:

tootie said...

Aww...thank you so much for the award and the kind words!

You are so sweet, and I love reading your blog! I hope all is going well with your pregnancy.

*carrie* said...

Abbey,

Thanks for the award! It is cool that we share a birthday, and that our kids almost do, too. I enjoy reading your blog and e-mailing on the side sometimes.

CanCan said...

Woohoo! Thanks for my award! All my life I have wanted a plaque. Is this a plaque? Lets pretend it is.

Katydid said...

Thanks a lot! My first blog award...yea!

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I was on vacation. I did get your package and the chocolate was good. It tasted like nutella a little. I haven't started the book yet, but am looking forward to it.