Friday, June 6, 2008

Yeah... my Mom is here!

I was going to write about Bel Canto, a book a read a while ago, but I just kept getting stuck. Does anyone else sometimes get stuck when they are writing? You have all these ideas in bed, as you're running around during the day, but they never seem to come to you when you're sitting at the computer!

My Mom arrived yesterday and it's so great to have her here! We have lots of fun things planned, like another day at the beach, and some stuff we haven't explored yet. As a bonus to her wonderful company, she also brought us some new things that we needed, especially a new laptop! It works so well and I don't have to be in safe mode anymore... yeah!

I also found out yesterday that my thyroid is acting up again. The good news is that they know what's going on, but the bad news is that I'm officially hypothyroid. But in an attempt to focus on the good, at least it is something that is relatively easy to treat and won't hurt the baby. It's a simple thyroid hormone replacement. I thought I remembered Shannon at Rocks In My Dryer blogging about it, and reading her very laid back account of this makes me feel better. I hope it's a result of this pregnancy (my endocrinologist said it's possible). If this is the cause, it should go away a few months post-partum.

I'm just glad that I finally know why I couldn't lose weight after Love Bug was born, no matter how hard I tried. The doctor said, which is a huge relief, that after the pregnancy, all my pregnancy weight (from both babies) should come off much easier. This is a little vain, so I can fit in my clothes, but mostly, I just want to feel good about myself and feel healthy again. I've had tiredness and weakness for a long time, and I'm glad that will be better too. Please pray for wisdom for my doctors to treat me with the best of their ability, and pray that I'm a good patient and do well on the treatments.

Don't forget to stop by tomorrow for my Giveaway Contest!

2 comments:

Nicol said...

I'm glad that they figured out what was going on. I understand how it can be frustrating at times. Hopefully it does go away after your baby arrives.

It must be very nice to have your mom there. I think that would be the hardest thing living in another country would be being away from my mom. She lives two blocks from me.

Cheri said...

I am so glad you have a visitor - and that she brought gifts! I'm loving my laptop while traveling! Well, except that it's a pain to actually carry...

I'm also overjoyed that the doctor has a reason for your weight loss challenges. Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer mention thyroid issues a few months ago as well. Sadly I think my weight issues can only be attributed to my love of food and strong dislike of exercise...Sigh