Saturday, May 24, 2008

The last two weeks...

First, I'm blue... no, not sad. I'm having a boy! As much as I wanted Love Bug to have a sister (and I do have all these gorgeous girl clothes), I'm so excited! As my friend says, "You won the gender lottery". I don't know if I'd say that, but it is nice to know that I'll get to experience motherhood with both a girl and a boy. We go for a more detailed ultrasound next week and I know my husband is excited to see for himself that, yes, it is a boy. I told him that I saw "it" pretty clearly, but I guess he just wants to make sure!

I continue to have annoying little worries crop up, and it reminds me that I took my easy pregnancy with Love Bug for granted. My doctor told me, just after we saw that it was a boy, that I have a low-lying placenta. It should move up on it's own, since almost 20% of pregnancies at this point, 20 weeks, are low like mine. Fortunately less than 1% are that way by the end, so it certainly looks good for me. But just the same, pray for me... partially for my placenta to move, but also to just relax and quit worrying about everything. I need to trust in God's plan to bring me a healthy baby and keep me healthy, and sane, throughout.

Well, it wasn't a computer virus that kept me away, like I thought (or now wish)... our poor laptop is going. This computer has served us well; it has probably travelled 20,000 miles or more, been dropped a few times, and banged on by a toddler for the last few months. It's over 3 years old and is just wishing for a peaceful end. We're doing just that, running it in safe mode, until my Mom brings our new laptop when she visits in two weeks. We ordered our new one, complete with the touchscreen that I'm drooling over, and as much as I'll miss this little guy, I'm excited to see all the new features it has! After we're set up, we'll clean out the hard drive and donate the old one for parts.

I'll catch you all up on my home-improvements projects after I download some pictures. After two weeks without internet, I see just how much I've gotten done! We now have curtains or blinds in every room, and I've planted all my window boxes. I'm working on some other projects too (baby proofing, some t-shirt quilts) and I'll incorporate many of my pictures into my posts over the next few weeks. We're going to the beach on Monday (for Memorial Day) so I'll have those pictures to share as well.

I'm glad to be back and you'll see my comments more and more these days, I hope. I had 196 posts to catch up on when I logged on to my reader... but I'm almost done. As I said after my last bloggy break... us bloggers are a long-winded bunch!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Congrats that you are having a boy! It is great you will have both a boy and a girl. Thanks for all your comments and happy that your new computer is on it's way.
Have fun.

Susan said...

A boy! Boys really are fun. I carried my boy really low. However, JR came 11 days late.

Cannot wait to see pics of beach and house!

tootie said...

Congrats on your boy!

I definitely will pray that all goes well with your pregnancy.

Nicol said...

Congrats!!!! A boy will be so much fun. I would like a boy but at times I wonder if I would even know what to do with him. I would certainly find ways to spoil him.

And good luck with everything! I wish you a safe and happy pregnancy!

Jacquie said...

Glad your back!

Woohoo on a boy. That will be nice and different (I have all girls LOL)

Hope your Mom has a great visit. I have just under 2 months till I get to go home, yippeeeeeeee.

*carrie* said...

Abbey,

Hooray! So exciting! Guess you're following in your mom's footsteps so far (you're the oldest, right?)

I understand about catching up with Bloglines. I just started--you're the first alpahbetically, which makes sense with your title, of course!