Sunday, February 3, 2008

Do you want the good news or bad news first?

So, I'll start with the bad news. I need to take a blog break. I need time to unpack and get organzied. It also just so happens that they are connecting our permanent, fast internet sometime in the next two weeks and we won't have internet anymore until then. Why it takes so long, I don't know.


The good news is that we love our new place and are in the process of unpacking. I wanted to show you all some before pictures, so you have something to compare them to when I post the after pictures in a few weeks.



This is the living room and dining room facing the foyer...








And another view facing out to the windows.








The kitchen... notice the hole on the left by the balcony doors... that's where my new dishwasher is going to be starting Tuesday. I did decide to get one afterall. It will help make sure our dishes are really clean. I will still cleans pots and pans by hand to save room for more dishes, so I run the dishwasher less.






Since our bedrooms all look basically the same, this is a view of the built in closets (rare in older European apartments)...






And a view of the other side of the bedroom with the window and balcony door. We had our window shades down so you can't really see outside but we have trees and some very pretty buildings around us, including a church with a lovely bell tower.

One of our three bathrooms... this is the "blue one". We also have one known as the "red one" and another known as the "little one".

I'll see you in a few weeks- take care until then! Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

4 comments:

Cheri said...

I'll miss you!

First - love that you have rolladens (that's spelled wrong) as opposed to our shutters. We ahve to open the windows to open and close our shuttters. And they're either open or closed - no part way.

Closets! You have closets! I'm committing a sin here, coveting!

Lastly - you wondered why it takes so long to get your internet turned on... Honey - you're in italy now. Everythign takes a long time!

Good luck unpacking!

Jacquie said...

Awww you'll be missed!


The apartment is gorgeous! Can't wait for the lived in look.

See ya when you get back.

*carrie* said...

Abbey,

I just loved seeing the pix of your apartment. I can't believe you have 3 bathrooms!

Will miss hearing from you . . .

Susan said...

Wow! You have a beautiful place. It will be great fun to decorate that. Cannot wait to see the finished product. Have fun:)