Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Works-for-me-Wednesday: The What-Do-I-Fix? Edition

My last minute meal idea is "Almost Expired Pizza". It's works really well in France (where we lived for four years until September 2007) where you can just pick up a cheap baguette on the way home. I'm sure you all can modify this for any almost-moldy bread you have around the house... bagels, English muffins, etc. You cut the bread however you like to lay flay, spread some pizza/pasta sauce on it (either works), and then some shredded cheese. Now the final touch... check the fridge for anything that's about to go bad... regular pizza items are always good like some ground meat, a green pepper, a few olives in the bottom of a jar, but be creative... some pretty crazy stuff tastes good on pizza. One of my favorites is leftover BBQ pork or chicken. Put anything you want or find over the cheese and bake in the oven at 250-300 for about 10 - 12 minutes... but watch it because cooking times varies based on ingredients and the type of bread used.

This is a favorite of mine when we're moving to help clean out the fridge! I labeled this post as a WFMW and as a recipe... I use the term recipe lightly! Want some more quick and easy recipes? Go check out Works-for-me-Wednesday hosted by Shannon at Rocks in my Dryer!

1 comment:

Susan said...

yum, I like making little pizzas on English muffins. Yum!