Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Your Christmas List

This isn't actually a meme, but I got it as an email from a friend. I usually don't send out forwards or these lists, but I loved this and wanted to share it with you! I'm trying to do more to get into the holiday spirit. If you feel so inspired, please fill it out yourself and post it!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I usually use wrapping paper and real ribbon, but this year will probably be whatever I can find in my nomadic travels!

2. Real tree or artificial? I prefer real, but we keep our tree up for so long that we have to have an artificial one.

3. When do you put up the tree? The Friday after Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down? Just after the Feast of the Kings on January 6th.

5. Do you like eggnog? No

6. Favorite gift received as a child? A new purple bike with a unicorn on the banana seat.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, and I'm one of those dorky people who doesn't put Jesus out until Christmas Eve.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My husband's brother.

9. Easiest person to buy for? Love Bug and my Mom (it's a tie).

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Once I got the same gift from someone two years in a row. It wasn't that great to begin with, but at least they thought of me.

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Elf (I've already watched it three times this year!)

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Around the middle of September.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I can remember.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas cookies

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? We use clear at our house, but I love a good, colorful light display.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Angels We Have Heard On High and Silent Night.

18. Travel for Christmas or stay at home? Travel if we're living in the US, stay home if we're living overseas.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Are there people who actually can't? Pick up a copy of 'Twas the Night Before Christmas or listen to a Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer, people!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? A big glass star with silver trim. I love it- it's the first thing I bought when I had my own tree with my husband.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? In the morning, but we always got an ornament and new Christmas pajamas on Christmas Eve.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Everyone rushes around instead of showing some Christmas spirit, by opening doors for other people, etc. I also wish people said Merry Christmas more, instead of Happy Holidays.

23. What I love most about Christmas? The music... new favorite album this year Josh Groban's Noel... it's just edging out last year's favorite James Taylor at Christmas. I know I've already said this, but check these albums out!

24. Favorite Christmas Cookie? Ohio Buckeye, which is a peanut butter/confectioners sugar ball dipped in chocolate. It's heaven on earth, but only if you use smooth peanut butter... crunchy just ruins it.

25. Favorite decoration? Wonderful advent calendar that my aunt & uncle got us when we first got married.

26. If you could have anything in the world what would it be? To talk to my Dad, even just for a few minutes...

So spread the Christmas spirit around and post your answers to these questions. Comment back here if you join in, so we can check your answers too!

2 comments:

carrie said...

Abbey,

What a fun list. I don't think it's dorky you wait to set Jesus out--I think that's really neat!

I have had those Buckeye treats before--they're delicious!

Jacquie said...

#26, I can so relate to that one.

Could I snag this?? Love the idea of it.