I saw this posted on Carrie's blog (I seem to get a lot of inspiration from her, so go check it out if you haven't yet...) and wanted to join in!
1. My favorite thing about the holidays is music... some favorites if you'd like to check them out are Josh Gro.ban's Noel (Angels We Have Heard on High is my favorite on this album) and James Tayl.or at Christmas (Some Children See Him is my favorite song here).
2. I collect nutcrackers and Nutcracker themed items. I have some music boxes, books, a blanket and... at one time, 72 nutcrackers. After losing some to a basement flooding, and acquiring more, I'd guess I have around 50.
3. My husband and I make cookies for our friends every year. To make sure we have enough for everyone, we make a total of about 30 dozen cookies.
4. I love to lay under the tree and look up through the branches at all the lights and ornaments.
5. We always open two gifts on Christmas Eve... winter/Christmas pajamas and a new ornament.
6. I was always the first one awake on Christmas morning when I was a kid.
7. I have rarely seen snow on Christmas and it's my dream to live a few years in a place where it snows every Christmas.
I tag anyone who wants to participate!
A question regarding this post... any suggestions as to what Love Bug could collect? I collect Nutcrackers and my Mom collects nativity scenes. I think all kids should have a collection and a Christmas theme seems to work for our family... any ideas? Of course, we won't start until she's a little older, but it would be fun to start thinking of ideas now to help her find something she likes...