Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The last few weeks...

We spent two weeks with my husband's family and it was crazy! They don't really have good internet access, just dial-up with an old computer. I tried to check my email one day and it took an hour to read four messages and reply to one. In the time it took for each page to load, I was able to play a few games of solitaire!

But, really, it was okay. I needed this break- to relax, enjoy family, and not worry so much about everything I wanted to accomplish while were here (shopping, dental/vision checks, visiting everyone...) We did accomplish one goal and that was visiting family.

My husband's two aunts and one uncle came to visit from Boston (where B's Dad is from) and they were so much fun. One aunt also had two of her sons fly in, from Boston and California. With the three of us, B's parents, B's brother and his girlfriend, plus the aunts and cousins... we had 12 people sleeping in the house. On Thanksgiving, B's other brother and cousin joined us for the day to make a total of 14 people around the table. It was so special to see everyone and have all of my father-in-law's family together. Living in Ohio since his mid-30s, he hasn't spent a lot of holidays with his family... mostly with my mother-in-law's family in the area. We didn't get to visit them in Boston, so I was so glad we could see them another way.

This is a picture of Love Bug in her Halloween costume. I know it's been a month, but I didn't have any internet access to do it!








This picture is of Love Bug and my Mom's dog, Magic. He was dressed as a hot dog for Halloween!



4 comments:

Cheri said...

Oh - you're back, you're back!

carrie said...

Abbey,

Yay! I enjoyed reading your updates. C's costume is darling! Nathan was a pumpkin for Halloween--you'll have to check the pix.

I'm excited to see your swap goodies! You're welcome to link to the "drastic measures" post. I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the subject.

Have a great weekend!

Susan said...

Glad to see you back. C is soo cute! Glad you got to have a break.

Jacquie said...

Oh my, that is the sweetest little lady bug EVAH!!

Glad that you were able to pop in, have missed ya.