Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Ouch, ouch... double ouch!

I had a flu shot yesterday at the pharmacy and decided to get the pneumonia vaccine as well. They were offering it and since I'm very prone to pneumonia and was told I should get one, I went ahead. Big mistake.
I knew the side effects could be pretty bad, but this is ridiculous. I've had a fever of over 100 for about 24 hours (it does go down with Tylenol fortunately) and just a general unwell feeling, like I'm getting a bad cold. And my arm... oh, it's a mess! The spot where I had the injection has a nice red, hot bump. It's really sore, but I can finally lift it today.
I'm just really surprised because I've never had a problem with vaccines before. I'm hoping by tomorrow I'm feeling a whole lot better.
In other news, I decided not to ween Love Bug. I go see the dentist next week or the week after and I'll talk to him about options then. I don't want to ween her and I don't think either of us are ready, so I see no reason to do so. Hopefully, if I need surgery, it will be easy.

3 comments:

carrie said...

Abbey,

Thanks for the updates. Hope you'll recover soon!

Susan said...

Hope you are feeling better. Wouldn't you know it, I have family members other than my husband trying to pressure me to wean earlier! Grrrr. What is so wrong with 12 months?

Leah in Iowa said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog a few days ago, and for the tip on lasting more than 10 or 15 seconds on that silly time-waster site! =)

Hope you're feeling better by now!

I've bookmarked your site, so I'll be back to visit often.