Saturday, October 27, 2007

10-20-30

I've been tagged by both Carrie and Cheri (thanks girls!) for this meme that asks... What were you doing 10, 20, and 30 years ago?

10 years ago I was a freshman in college and I loved it. I loved dorm life, the campus, and was getting ready to join a wonderful group- Alpha Phi Omega, a national service fraternity. I was a music major, but didn't care too much for classical music at this point. I really loved Third Eye Blind and Dave Matthews band and was finally recovering from my "grunge phase" in high school. I probably saw my future husband many times that fall, but didn't meet him officially until over a year later and didn't become his girlfriend until two years later. This is a picture of me with a little boy that I babysat, who ended up being in my wedding as a junior usher- his little sister was the flower girl. (Notice the tan/skin damage that I mentioned in this post, but oh man was I skinny! At the time I thought I could lose a few pounds, but 10 years later and post-baby, I would LOOOVE to be this weight!)


20 years ago I was eight years old and growing up in a small town in North Carolina. I had never moved at this point and has no idea the adventures I would have even the next 10 years, moving a few different times and making many new friends along the way. I was in a combination class of 3rd graders like myself, with 2nd graders as well. The teacher was the one I had wanted in 2nd grade, so I was thrilled (but my 2nd grade teacher was also wonderful). I loved math, singing, playing piano, ice skating, and softball. I've performed in over 10 musicals, but my first was this year- I starred as "Little Red Riding Hood". This is a picture of my brother and I on Christmas morning.

And if you're good at math, you'd already know that 30 years ago I hadn't even been born yet. My husband would've been born just a few months ago.
I tag Jacquie and Kelli, both haven't left comments in awhile, but I'd love to hear from them!

6 comments:

Kelli in the Mirror said...

Fun! Thanks for tagging me. :)

Susan said...

Cute pics! It was fun to read it and learn something new about you.

Jacquie said...

Oh how fun, I will do this later tonight after the girls are in bed and all is quiet! LOL.

Jacquie said...

Ok all done, stop on by if you'd like. I have tried and tried to figure out how to do links into my blog to no avail ;-(

carrie said...

Abbey,

Fun to read about what you were up to--and see pix. =)

Leah in Iowa said...

Wow - a lot can happen in ten years!! =)