Saturday, September 29, 2007

Love Bug is walking!

Yesterday evening, Love Bug took her first step and I was the only one to see it. (Daddy, Grandma, and Grandpa have now all seen it as well.) These are the moments that I feel blessed to be a SAHM, because I get to help her grow, watch her develop, and witness the amazing person she is becoming. Seeing her walk, just 10 1/2 months after being born, was worth every penny I didn't earn at work, and so much more.
I'm part of a Mom's group and on our website, there was just a posted forum asking, "Is being a Stay-at-Home Mom a waste of your education?" I would say never. As a former educator, I miss my students, and miss seeing their "light bulb" moments, but there is only one person in the whole world that I'm worried about educating right now... and I'm home with her all day to make sure it's done just the way I want.

4 comments:

Cheri said...

Congratulations - and know that you're world will never be the same now that she's walking!

Susan said...

That is exciting! You are right, I have found nothing better than being able to be with my beautiful boy! You can always go back to work, but you cannot get this time with the baby back.

Jacquie said...

How exciting! May the force be with you ;-) your little one will keep you moving now.

The moments I have spent with my girls are etched in my mind forever. I would never trade those moments for anything in the world.

carrie said...

Yes, good post and a nice reminder to savor these moments. Our little guy took his first steps on Thursday! So exciting!