Saturday, September 22, 2007

Fun meme and ear infections...

I found this meme on Jacquie's blog and it's my first one!

It's called "Discover Your Alias Names"...

1. Your Rock Star Name (made up of your 1st pet and your current car):
Carrie Highlander

2. Your Gangsta Name (favorite ice cream flavor, favorite cookie):
White Chocolate Chocolate Chip

3. Your Soap Opera Name (middle name, city where you were born):
Elizabeth Durham

4. Superhero name (THE favorite color, favorite drink):
The Purple Margarita

5. Nascar name (first names of your Grandfathers):
Richard James

6. Stripper name (name of your favorite perfume, favorite candy):
Happy Twizzlers

I think mine are particularly good, especially my Nascar name. I already knew my soap opera name and always loved that as well. I don't know how I feel about my Gangsta name, especially because it's not very PC, but it is what it is... (Oh, and sorry Carrie, but my first dog was named Carrie... by me.)

On another note, after being told by a doctor that Love Bug didn't have an ear infection on Wednesday, we were in the ER last night with an actual ear infection. They can come up very quickly and I don't think the 8 hour flight, jet lag, or a 6 hour time difference helped at all. This was all compounded by that fact that she fish-hooked herself with a plastic baby hanger at the store and now has a sore mouth as well (because luckily, I caught her in time to pull it out carefully with no cut or bleeding). So, poor Love Bug has had a heck of a few days. She is back to breastfeeding nicely and is not tugging on her ears so much, but I hope the slight swelling of her fish-hooked side will go down soon.

I almost had to laugh when the doctor referred to it as fish-hooking herself, since that's what a few Moms at playgroup called Love Bug. She had a hobby of going up to other babies and fish-hooking their cheeks with her newly acquired pincer grasp and couldn't live her violent reputation down. At the ER last night, it wasn't so funny. Now that she's healing, very funny.

With how jet-lagged I am, and how culturally confused I feel (I keep trying to speak French to everyone), I have to laugh about all this! I have to keep my sense of humor if I'm going to make it the next 3 months as a nomad.

Rome or bust... in 96 days.

4 comments:

Cheri said...

Oh, The Boy used to get ear infections ALL the time, then get thrush from the antibiotics! Those were fun days...

Actually, the ear infections kept up until he had his adnoids removed and tubes put in his ears. He apparently had enlarged adnoids that trapped bacteria leading to the constant ear infections. I am so glad we got that figured out (at 3 and a half years old). He hasn't had one since.

I feel for you!

Jacquie said...

I personally love Happy Twizzler! Sounds great to me LOL.

Knock on wood out of the 3 girls we have only ever had 1 ear infection between them.

Susan said...

Oh man, that is too bad about the infection, glad things are better. Good luck on the language confusion, it takes me a couple of days to speak English! I hope you don't mind if I borrow the meme for my blog Monday:)

OK I heard this crazy thing for ear infections by the Germans. They cut up onions put it in a sock and warm up onions. Then put nylons or something on the head to fasten the onion on the ears for a while. Are the Germans crazy or wise? You tell me.

carrie said...

Abbey,

Glad to read an update, though I'm sorry to hear it's been a rough few days. I hope you all will adjust quickly.

I laughed when I saw that your dog's name was Carrie. My childhood dog was Missy--and our current springer spaniel is Reggie. Why do so many of us pick people names for pets?! Good taste you had, though!