Friday, August 24, 2007

"Poor Pat" and my crayon...

My husband, if I'm being honest, had a deprived childhood in my opinion. Don't worry... he had a lovely family and a happy life, but he has never read or had read to him the book "Pat the Bunny"
Because it is one of my favorite books, I was so surprised when we received one as a gift for Love Bug, and he acted like he had never seen it before. When questioned, he admitted, that yes, he did not have that book when he was little. So sad. If you don't know this book, go buy it now!

Well, anyway, Love Bug has been into chewing everything in sight lately, and she got ahold of this book one day and chewed all the corners. I thought it was funny and commented to my husband how we'd have to get a new one. He looked at it and said, "oh no... poor Pat".

If you don't know the book, you don't know why this is funny, but it totally is.
Because Pat is not the name of the bunny, but instead it describes an action... like pat (or pet) the bunny, smell the flowers, look in the mirror. When he said "poor Pat", I burst out laughing and then called my Mom and we could hardly talk, we were laughing so hard. Fortunately my husband and I both love to laugh, even at ourselves, because he took our joke at his expense very well. B is a peach and I thank God for him everyday! Our days our filled with laughter...


In other news, I did the What Crayola Box of 8 Colors Are You? quiz from Cheri's blog. It's great- try it if you have time!













You are most like:


You are Orange


Brilliant and stunning, you provide a pleasant surprise to any room into which you walk. This is a hard color to pull off, but you do it well.


 

Take this quiz: Which Crayola Box of 8 Color Are You?



I wish they had more than 8 colors though. It would be funny if you did the quiz and your result said, "You are puke green". "You smell and people can't wait to get away from you". These quizzes really stroke our egos... or are we all just perfect, fun, and "stunning" (as they told me) everyday in real life? :-)

5 comments:

Kelli in the Mirror said...

Oh! I did one of those quizzes awhile back that was called "which rejected crayola color are you?" and I turned out to be something like 'found-in-a-diaper brown'. So maybe you're good to just stick with the basic eight. :)

Pat the Bunny! HA!

Cheri said...

Oh, Oh, Oh, someone mentioned me in their blog! I'm so excited!

RE: perfect relationship with your husband - it's just great when we know we're with just the right person - even when we're laughing AT each other!

Susan said...

What a bummer! I never read the kids book:( Will have to find it. I love quizzes, I was cool blue.

Jacquie said...

Me I am a blue crayon.

I have never read "Pat the Bunny" I will have to go on a search for it for my girls. Thanks for the tip on a good book.

carrie said...

Abbey,

I took the quiz, too, and was shocked to be BLACK! I didn't really agree--it said I was bold with a dark side! Ha!