Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Finished Corkboards and New Clothes

The corkboards are finally done and I'm so excited. I have eight of them to give to: a few friends that have left Paris already, a few that are still here for another year or two, and a few that will probably live here forever. My favorite part is that all the corks are from wine that we, or many of these friends, drank here in Paris. Here was my process if anyone is interested:


First, I sanded the frames and then gave them a few coats of a nice honey wood stain.







Next, I fastened hooks to one side and the top, so they can hang it legnth-wise or up & down.







Then I sized the corks to make sure they all fit before gluing them down with a hot glue gun...






And here is the finished product!








As an added bonus, I made these cute thumbtacks to go with each board. I bought wine charms (a bottle in an ice bucket, some grapes, and a wine barrel) and used super glue to glue them to the thumbtacks. And I only got a little on my fingers!



We also got a package from my mother-in-law and father-in-law, with some really cute clothes and they are for 18 months or 2 years, which is great. We already have lots of one year stuff, which she's just starting to wear. I have two of these nice gifts below:
This is the adorable "sweet pea" sleeper...










... and the romper with a "Paris" theme!








On the other side of the family, my Mom (Nana, yes... I'm talking about you!) continues to buy clothes for 12 months, just "because they're cute", even though she knows we have clothes for 12 months coming out our ears! But we love her for it and I admit, I bought a few 12 month things yesterday, like jeans and a few sweatsuits. All I know is that our future children will be so disappointed when everyone has used up their "spoiling" on Love Bug.

3 comments:

Debi said...

Your corkboards are absolutely fabulous! You've got some lucky friends there!

There's not many things harder to resist than "baby" clothes, is there?

carrie said...

Abbey,

The cork boards turned out so cool--what a great memento of your time in Paris!

Susan said...

I really like this idea. Sigh, wish I were more crafty.