Saturday, June 9, 2007

Love Bug has a cold...

In my last seven months as Mommy, I have had many colds and even a stomach flu (or two)! But so far, I have managed to keep the antibodies in my breast milk high, and my contact with Love Bug clean, so she wouldn't get sick.
The day has finally come. She has been coughing and sneezing for a few days. Today her nose started to run. It was actually kinda funny, seeing her rub her face as if to say, "Mommy, what the heck is going on with my nose?" Despite how funny it looks, I feel so bad for her!
I was sure I could take it and not be worried, especially since she's bigger and healthy. And it's just a cold. But no... Mommy is a wimp and officially hates when her baby is sick. Does this ever get easier? When they're 11? On their 43rd cold?
I have a pregnant friend who worries all the time, and just like they say about tears, I tell her to save her worries for later... she'll need them as a Mom. Even a silly cold has me concerned!

1 comment:

carrie said...

I had to smile reading this, as my 6 month-old son and I just went through our first colds together last week, too. I totally know the sad feeling--watching him sniffle and cough was so sad for me! Hope you're all back in good health now.