Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Works-For-Me-Wednesday: Remembering Birthdays

It's easy to get so busy and buy horrible birthday cards for people because you forget. So, I came up with a better idea to make sure I always have good cards on hand and remember these special days. I have one of those great card organizers from Hall.mark, but really any bin or container with monthly dividers would work. I list every one's birthdays or anniversaries on the front and put cards for each person in the dividers. I often buy lots of cards at once and take a "bulk" trip to the card store to stock up on special cards for different family members. I also make sure to buy a few extra birthday cards for random parties or co-workers, etc.
On the 23rd or 24th of the month, I write on the calendar "send out birthday cards" for the next month. So I pull all the cards for that month out of the divider and put on stamps, address the card, and they're ready to go.
I use birthdayalarm com (which sends you multiple reminders for any birthday to your email) and set it to give me an alarm one week before (to send the card) and the day of (so I can call the person on their birthday). This way I never forget a birthday and people always feel really special on their special day!

Want some REALLY great ideas? Visit the host of Works-For-Me-Wednesdays at Rocks In My Dryer.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Hello! Saw your post on Carrie's blog. Looked at your profile and saw you were in Paris. I am Susan, from Colorado and live outside of Berlin with my hubby and baby boy. Check out my website on myspace, it is www.myspace.com/coloradogirl007
I would blog, but I just not sure what to blog! Just checking out this whole blogging world thing,
Susan

Cathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cathy said...

Remembering birthdays have always been difficult but this time forget me never solutions helped me a lot in solving my forgetfulness.