Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Surprise- We Love Uncle J!

Yesterday, Love Bug and I were heading out to the mall to pick up a few things, although we forgot a birthday present for a friend's child... shoot!

Anyway, I was about to turn the corner and I heard someone behind me say, "A! (well, my name, but you get it...)"

It was...

my brother, J! He was visiting a friend who is studying in Dublin. I knew that they might come to Belgium for a few days this week since the flights there were so cheap. But, they decided to rent a car and drive down to Paris. I must say that I'm impressed that my brother knew how to find our house once he got into Paris... very good.

So, they saw a few things in the afternoon, had dinner with us and just talked until J fell asleep, since he still has bad jet lag. This morning, he got up, played with the Bug, and then they drove off, back to their crazy travels.

So, even though we always jokingly tell him, "I hate Uncle J! I hate Uncle J! I hate Uncle J!" (If you know this part in the movie, LOVE ACTUALLY, you can figure out his name).

But really, we love Uncle J. Thanks for driving way out of your way to see us... it was the best surprise and made our day!

1 comment:

Jacquie said...

What a great surprise.