Monday, January 22, 2007

Zzzzz

Ah... sleep at last! Lately, we've had a lot more success with the Love Bug sleeping through the night. In the last two weeks, she has slept through the night 8 times, inlcuding the last four nights in a row! Yes, that is 1, 2, 3, 4 nights! It has been wonderful and we are so proud of her for sleeping so well at only 10 weeks old.

The first few weeks, we were not getting much sleep. At times, since I was breastfeeding, Love Bug would wake up again before I fully fell asleep. Even as she started sleeping longer, I couldn't fall asleep because I was so paranoid about how long I would get to sleep before she woke up again. I felt like I had insomnia, but really I was just so stressed about it. I also was getting way to much pressure from other people to try to get her to sleep at night so that her sleep habits would get off to a good start. I was also feeling pressure to get to Love Bug to sleep, so that B could get better sleep for work. Well, after I talked to our pediatrician at the two month appointment, I felt a lot better. He told me just to make sure that she was starting to sleep more at night and less during the day and that is the only goal at this point. Sleep habits shouldn't be taught (in his and most doctors opinions) until 4 - 6 months of age. Even though my Mom and B had been telling me this all along, I just needed to hear it from a more official source.

No comments: